Student-athletes are building friendships, learning new skills, and creating lifelong memories, all while competing at a high level in the Milwaukee City Conference. Sign up for a sport and join them! Contact your school athletic director or call 414-475-8219 to get involved and make high school count!
MPS promotes the philosophy that an athlete’s core responsibilities involve the pursuit of personal growth through academic work and team experiences. We recognize that athletic programming is an extension of academic and practical instruction. Therefore, our primary commitment is educating our student-athletes. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition, and how to win and lose gracefully are all integral parts of team goals. Athletic competition adds to school spirit and helps students, participants, and community members take pride in their school.
Athletic Department Goals:
- Promote academic excellence in classroom.
- Ensure safe and secure environment for practice and competitions.
- Provide opportunities for student-athletes to develop confidence, self-image, and leadership skills in the Milwaukee City Conference.
- Encourage coaches to be leaders, role models and persons of character.
- Promote value and importance of teamwork, good sportsmanship, and fair play in the Milwaukee City Conference.
- Ensure all participants adhere to MPS and Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association rules and policies.
MPS Athletics requires all student-athletes to register for fall, winter, and spring high school sports through the online registration platform. Please contact your school athletic director with any questions to participate in Milwaukee City Conference competitions.
Digital tickets are required for all Milwaukee City Conference events. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Please note: tickets for your game will be listed underneath the designated home team for that contest. See the ticket purchasing policy and practices here.
Find the updated schedules for all Milwaukee City Conference competitions here.
The Milwaukee City Conference recognizes student-athletes with in-season and end-of-year awards. Archives of honorees (since 2020-21) are stored here.
If you know a student-athlete who has earned a scholarship or has signed to play college sports, we want to hear about our Milwaukee City Conference success stories!
Click here to learn more about free sports physicals and MPS' partnership to provide trainers at athletic competitions.