Twilight is hiring!
Our Twilight Centers are now hiring! We are currently looking for Teen Program Leaders at several locations for the upcoming fall season. Teen Program Leaders are the direct service leaders of the Twilight Center programs.
We are seeking individuals that are looking to mentor young people and help facilitate programs and activities. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Qualified and motivated individuals are invited to learn more and apply below!
We know how integral our Twilight Centers are to providing safe spaces for our young people. Twilight Centers offer programming and extended hours at select schools so young people in the city have a safe place to go during the evenings for free.
This season, we invite young people to visit our six high school Twilight Centers (ages 12-18) and two middle school Twilight Centers (ages 10-15) in the evening for board games, esports, open gym shootaround, and more! Twilight is open to MPS and non-MPS students alike.
Between mask mandates, physical distancing, room capacity limits, and cleaning protocols, Milwaukee Recreation is taking every precaution so young people throughout the community can make time with their friends, interact with our staff, and find a safe & fun way to leave the house.
Note: There will be no Family Nights.
Fall Twilight Hours: Now Operating
This Week's Closures:
- Wednesday, Oct. 13: South Division
High School Locations (ages 12-18)
Madison, North Division, Pulaski, Obama, South Division, and Washington
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 6-9 p.m.
- Saturdays: 6-10 p.m.
Middle School Locations (ages 10-15)
Andrew Douglas and Bay View
- Andrew Douglas - Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays: 5-8 p.m.
- Bay View - Fridays & Saturdays: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Young people are also invited to participate in Open Swim sessions and FREE Swim Lessons at select Twilight Centers. See the fall Twilight Swim schedule below:
South Division: Aug. 30 - Dec. 22
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- South Division is open for Swim Lessons on the second Monday of every month. Every other day at Twilight is available for Open Swim.
North Division: Sept. 20 - Nov. 13
- Saturdays: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Open Swim and Swim Lessons are offered simultaneously at North Division on Saturdays.