An error (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) was encountered trying to format content from PageUrl=/rec/Static-Content/alert.htm Close Message
Milwaukee Recreation
Main Content

School Facility Permits

Milwaukee Public School (MPS) buildings are available for use by the community through a Building Permit Application process.  In order to secure a building permit for an event, please download our Building Permit Application Form.  Every effort is made to honor permit requests.  However, please note the priority for building usage is as follows:

  1. First Priority:  Milwaukee Public Schools
  2. Second Priority:  MPS School-based parent groups
  3. Third Priority:  Individuals and community groups

MPS also offers 'Hours for Free Meeting Use' for public meetings.  The school principal must be contacted directly for a permit to authorize such use. Guidelines are available through Free Meeting Use Time Regulations.

The permit application process is facilitated by Milwaukee Recreation, a department of MPS.

Please wait while we gather your results.

Resources for Community Use

Catering Application

Use this application if you would like to use MPS' catering services.

Facility Use Guidelines for Community Groups

Guidelines governing the use of MPS facilities that include permit application, certificate of insurance, billing, provisions and cancellations.

Free Meeting Use Time Regulations

Requests for the use of regular school classrooms, libraries or permanent cafeterias for the purpose of meeting under the “Hours for Free Meeting Use” policy must be submitted to the School Principal in writing.

Indoor Facility Use Permit Application

Fill out this form if you would like to apply for a building permit to use a Milwaukee Public Schools building.

Indoor Facility Use Permit Change and Cancellation Form

Use this form any facility use permit change or cancellation. All requests for cancellation must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the requested facility use times. Failure to cancel a permit within this time frame, will be assessed all fees associated with the permit.

Kitchen Use Guidelines

Guidelines governing the use of kitchens in schools by school and community groups. The guidelines are for the limited use of kitchens and the restrictive use of major kitchen equipment.

Outdoor Permit Application

This application should be used by individuals or organizations requesting a permit for single day activity or single site reoccurring activity (including fieldhouse rentals). If the individual or organization has multiple requests or multiple site requests, multiple applications should be completed. This must be filled out completely, signed and submitted via email, fax, US mail or delivered in person.

Outdoor Permit Application - Leagues Tournaments

This application should be used by individuals or organizations coordinating league play or tournaments. This application allows for multiple requests. This must be filled out completely, signed and submitted via email, fax, US mail or delivered in person.

Outdoor Permit Rental Rates

This document details the rental rates for all MPS Outdoor Recreation Facilities. Notes include changes to organizational league fees, tournament fees and usage.

Outdoor Permit Rules & Regulations

This file provides a detailed explanation of the rules and regulations for all MPS Outdoor Recreation Facilities.

Login to mConnect for Indoor Building Permit Resources for MPS Staff.


Indoor Permits & MPS Stadiums

Phone: 414-773-9982
Fax: 414-475-8403
Email: SchoolPermits [at]

Staff Member in Charge:
Bobbie Kelsey, Commissioner of Athletics & Academics

Outdoor Permits

Phone: 414-647-6046
Fax: 414-647-6079
Email: OutdoorPermits [at]

© Milwaukee Public Schools 2022
To top