Milwaukee Recreation offers wellness programming and resources at different locations throughout the year. These programs and resources are free and available to everyone ages 6 and older (children 6-11 must be accompanied by an adult).
Fitness classes and health education will be provided by local community organizations.
Class size limited to nine participants.
Registration opens on Aug. 25 for city of Milwaukee residents and Sept. 1 for non-residents.
Mil"WALK"ee Walking Club
Join our walking club and explore Milwaukee with us! Each week you will start at the location listed, walk the distance, and end back at the same spot. (Click the links below for directions to each starting point).
Sign up for each walk on our online registration portal here! There are two walking groups available for each location - a faster-paced group and a slower-paced group. Click the "Info" button for each to date to identify the speeds.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, 10-11:15 AM: Colectivo - Lakefront (Fast Group - 3 miles)
- Tuesday, Sept. 15, 10:15-11:30 AM: Colectivo - Lakefront (Slow Group - 3 miles)
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 10-11:15 AM: Anodyne - Bay View (Fast Group - 3 miles)
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, 10:15-11:30 AM: Anodyne - Bay View (Slow Group - 3 miles)
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10-11:15 AM: Valentine - Washington Heights (Fast Group - 3 miles)
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10:15-11:30 AM: Valentine - Washington Heights (Slow Group - 3 miles)
- Tuesday, Oct. 6, 10-11:15 AM: Stone Creek - Third Ward (Fast Group - 4 miles)
- Tuesday, Oct. 6, 10:15-11:30 AM: Stone Creek - Third Ward (Slow Group - 4 miles)
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 10-11:15 AM: Rochambo - East Side (Fast Group - 4 miles)
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 10:15-11:30 AM: Rochambo - East Side (Slow Group - 4 miles)
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 10-11:15 AM: Fuel Cafe - Riverwest (Fast Group - 4 miles)
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 10:15-11:30 AM: Fuel Cafe - Riverwest (Slow Group - 4 miles)
Fitness in the Park Yoga
Practicing Yoga outdoors has many benefits including increasing body awareness, strength and flexibility while connecting you deeper with nature. Join us for an outdoor yoga class that will take you through a series of poses and breath work. Bring your own exercise mat and water.
Click the links to register.
Indoor Yoga SOLD OUT
Release some stress in your life with the calming ritual of yoga. Yoga is a lifestyle incorporating natural exercise, diet, proper breathing, relaxation, and meditation. Wear comfortable clothing. Individuals with medical conditions should be cleared by a physician prior to participation. Bring your own exercise mat or purchase at site for $10.
Click the link to register.
- Fridays, Sept. 25 - Oct. 30: Beulah Brinton (10:30-11:30 a.m.) SOLD OUT
Fitness in the Park Bootcamp
Join us for an outdoor bootcamp class to challenge your entire body! Each class will include some strength, cardio, and stretching exercises to give you a total body workout. Class is geared towards all fitness levels. Bring an exercise mat and water.
Click the links to register.