Face Coverings Update for Milwaukee Recreation Programs*
Updated June 7, 2021
- Indoor Programs: Milwaukee Public Schools requires face coverings in district facilities for everyone ages 3 and up. Should you need a face covering, one will be provided for you upon entering our facilities.
- Outdoor Programs: Face coverings are not required while participating in outdoor programs operated by Milwaukee Recreation. However, individuals who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people who are not fully vaccinated.
*Please note, these requirements are subject to change based on local and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance.
Updated June 7, 2021
Participants who have symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, chills, muscle pain, or shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste) should stay home.
Participants who appear to have symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, chills, muscle pain, or shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste) upon arrival at the recreation center or who become sick while on site should immediately separate themselves from others, notify a recreation staff member, or go home and contact their healthcare provider.
Participants should wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching surfaces, or after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Participants should avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Participants should bring only essential items to the community center (keys, phone, water bottle, etc.).
To ensure customer safety, Milwaukee Recreation is limiting the number of participants in our programs to ensure safe physical distancing is maintained.
Water fountains will not be available for use. If you require water, please bring your own water bottle. A limited quantity of bottled water will be available at recreation centers
Upon Arrival at the Recreation Center
A recreation staff member will be at the front entrance to greet you and ask COVID-19 screening questions.
Milwaukee Public Schools requires face coverings in district facilities for everyone ages 3 and up. Should you need a face covering, one will be provided for you upon entering our facilities. Face coverings are not required for activities held outdoors.
Please only bring essential items into the building.
Milwaukee Recreation is implementing a single entrance and exit policy at many of its locations to help control the flow of customer traffic.
- Entry points will be clearly marked and should be used upon arrival to the Community Center.
- A separate exit, where applicable, will be communicated to each participant and will be clearly marked
Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at all recreation locations.
Restrooms will be open and will be cleaned throughout the day.
Site and program specific guidelines will be communicated to participants prior to or upon arrival at the site.