(School Age Children Only)
The MPS Recreation Department believes that all children should have access to high quality recreation activities. Thus, City of Milwaukee youth whose family is enrolled in one of the following federally subsidized programs may qualify for a discount:
- FoodShare/SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Wisconsin Shares Childcare Subsidies
- Foster Care
- Children’s classes more than $10.00 are eligible for a $5.00 discount.
- Children’s classes $30.00 and over are eligible for a $10.00 discount.
- For families unable to afford class fees at the discounted rate, Youth Scholarships are available based on eligibility. Contact Andrew Rossa at Andrew@MilwaukeeRecreation.net or (414) 475-8942 for information on eligibility criteria and application.
Milwaukee Public Schools students:
- The MPS student database is used to verify eligibility via one of the above federally subsidized programs.
- If eligibility cannot be confirmed in the database, registrant must show proof of eligibility at the time of registration and attach a copy of proof of eligibility to the registration form.
Non-Milwaukee Public Schools students:
- Registrant must show proof of eligibility at the time of registration and attach a copy of proof of eligibility to the registration form.
Acceptable forms of Proof of Eligibility:
(Non-MPS students and MPS students whose eligibility cannot be confirmed in student database)
- Statement of verification located at: https://access.wisconsin.gov/
- Must include eligibility date, names, and date of birth of individuals
- Letter verifying foster care
Additional Policy Information:
- Eligibility documentation must be provided each school year.
- Documentation will not be honored after a registration has been received and processed.
- Documentation that is not current or cannot be verified will not be accepted and the parent/guardian will be charged the full activity fee.
- In order to qualify for a family discount, additional family members must be siblings and reside at the same residence.
- For questions concerning this policy, call (414) 475-8180.